Written by 9 h 25 min Salle de presse

CHU’I Solidaire, Ils l’ont fait

Ils l’ont fait ! 130 000 euros en une semaine : l’incroyable opération des entreprises du grand Ouest, au profit de la recherche sur le Covid-19

130 000 euros en une semaine : l’incroyable opération des entreprises du grand Ouest, au profit de la recherche sur le Covid-19

En réponse à l’appel du 6 avril du CHU de Nantes pour compenser le manque de sur-blouses, lunettes de protection et masques, les entreprises de l’Ouest et leurs salariés ont lancé le jeudi 9 avril, le dispositif « CHU’i Solidaire » via une cagnotte créée sur le site Helloasso. Elles avaient pour ambition de recueillir 100 000 euros en une semaine pour soutenir 5 projets de lutte contre le Covid-19. Elles sont allées au-delà en récoltant près de 130 000 euros. Un exploit. « Le défi était osé mais pour nous, ce n’est qu’une goutte d’eau dans un océan. Les programmes de recherche ont besoin d’être boostés car ce n’est que le début et les besoins vont être colossaux » expliquent les initiateurs du dispositif qui ont fédéré, autour d’eux, plus d’une soixantaine d’entreprises sur le territoire nantais.

The nearer moon, hurtling suddenly above the horizon and lighting up the Barsoomian scene, showed me that my preserver was Woola, but from whence he had come, or how found me, I was at a loss to know. That I was glad of his companionship it is needless to say, but my pleasure at seeing him was tempered by anxiety as to the reason of his leaving Dejah Thoris. Only her death I felt sure, could account for his absence from her, so faithful I knew him to be to my commands.

By the light of the now brilliant moons I saw that he was but a shadow of his former self, and as he turned from my caress and commenced greedily to devour the dead carcass at my feet I realized that the poor fellow was more than half starved. I, myself, was in but little better plight but I could not bring myself to eat the uncooked flesh and I had no means of making a fire.

At daybreak of the fifteenth day of my search

John Lusco

For two days I waited there for Kantos Kan, but as he did not come I started off on foot in a northwesterly direction toward a point where he had told me lay the nearest waterway. My only food consisted of vegetable milk from the plants which gave so bounteously of this priceless fluid.

  • Several times I was attacked by wild beasts; strange, uncouth monstrosities that leaped upon me in the dark, so that I had ever to grasp my long-sword in my hand that I might be ready for them.
  • Usually my strange, newly acquired telepathic power warned me in ample time, but once I was down with vicious fangs at my jugular and a hairy face pressed close to mine before I knew that I was even threatened.

What manner of thing was upon me I did not know, but that it was large and heavy and many-legged I could feel. My hands were at its throat before the fangs had a chance to bury themselves in my neck, and slowly I forced the hairy face from me and closed my fingers, vise-like, upon its windpipe.

  1. Without sound we lay there, the beast exerting every effort to reach me with those awful fangs, and
  2. I straining to maintain my grip and choke the life from it as I kept it from my throat.
  3. Slowly my arms gave to the unequal struggle, and inch by inch the burning eyes and gleaming tusks of my antagonist crept toward me, until, as the hairy face touched mine again,
  4. I realized that all was over. And then a living mass of destruction sprang from the surrounding darkness full upon the creature that held me pinioned to the ground.
  5. The two rolled growling upon the moss, tearing and rending one another in a frightful manner, but it was soon over and my preserver stood with lowered head above the throat of the dead thing which would have killed me.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)